Linder Global Events offers internship opportunities year round. We are seeking candidates with exceptional organizational skills and a willingness to learn. Loving the events industry doesn’t hurt either!
- In college or a recent college graduate
- Able to devote at least 24 office hours to Linder per week
- A team player who enjoys learning in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- A stellar communicator
- Able to prioritize responsibilities effectively
At Linder, you will:
- Be a vital support to an array of projects and a trusted member of your teams
- Maintain thorough knowledge of all assigned projects and responsibilities
- Work in a variety of independent and group-based roles
- Take direction from project leads and learn to anticipate, recognize, analyze and problem solve in the events industry
- Learn about industry trends and experience event production first-hand
Are you interested in part-time or contract work with Linder? We have a talented and diverse contract team that assists our staff both in our office and at events with data management, customer service management, registration, guest logistics, exhibitor support and more!
The Transportation Manager is an integral member of our Logistics and Transportation team. Working with the client and events team, the Transportation Manager will be responsible for a variety of functions, including, but not limited to the following:
Leverage expertise to create operational plans for large and small transportation programs.
- Traffic and logistics including road closures, permits, identification and creation of loading zones.
- Determine safest and most efficient shuttle travel paths, based on traffic patterns, and cycle times
- Coordination and communication of transportation plans with local and state officials.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive logistics plan for events.
- Secure and manage on-site staff to assist with transportation needs including supervisors, coordinators and dispatchers.
- Ensure that all licenses, permits and insurance binders are current and meet criteria.
- Be knowledgeable of and adhere to venue rules and regulations regarding drop-off and loading zones, available idling areas and specific vehicle requirements and/or restrictions.
- Airport Arrival + Departures Ground Transportation
- Create a detailed communication plan for changes, updates, and alerts, and identify and secure necessary technical devices.
- Maintains strong vendor/client orientation.
- Three to five years of transportation and/or logistics experience.
- Demonstrated ability to lead team-based efforts to solve problems and achieve goals.
- Excellent communication skills – the ability to work professionally with clients and the public and to inspire, coach and direct a team.
- Experience with emergency preparedness and security is a plus.