Leveraging VR for a Customized Event Experience—ECEO039
William Griggs, CEO of Virtual Reality Rental
Imagine taking your event audience to the see the wells that a non-profit is drilling in Africa. Or providing potential investors in an oil company with an inside look at the production process. Or even giving employees the opportunity to hone their team-building skills by working together to diffuse a bomb! Anything is possible through virtual and augmented reality, and this new technology is ideal for designing a customized event experience.
William Griggs is the founder and CEO of Virtual Reality Rental, the premier provider of VR technology for events. The company works with organizations to provide the best VR entertainment for conferences, trade shows, exhibits and parties, using their extensive event experience and understanding of the latest VR technology to help plan and implement an extraordinary interactive experience for attendees.
Today William joins Rebecca Linder to define virtual and augmented reality and explain Virtual Reality Rental’s comprehensive approach to customizing an event experience. He addresses the issue of scaling VR for events, discussing how solo, group and synchronized viewing experiences can be customized to involve a large number of participants. William offers insight around the flexibility of VR when it comes to available square footage and the approximate cost of a premium VR event experience. Listen in to understand how virtual reality can be leveraged to tell the story of an organization and wow audiences via a one-to-many experience.
- The difference between virtual reality and augmented reality
- How the goal of an event influences the role of VR
- How Virtual Reality Rental approaches scaling an experience
- How VR can tell the story of a company or organization
- The footprint required for 360 VR versus Room Scale technology
- The cost of engaging a high-end VR experience for your event
- How one-to-many VR might be employed in a keynote presentation
- Creative apps that are used to create visual assets alongside a speaker
- Virtual Reality Rental’s consultative approach to customizing experiences
Mentioned in this podcast:
William Griggs is the founder and CEO of Virtual Reality Rental, the premier provider of VR technology for events. The company works with organizations to provide the best VR entertainment for conferences, trade shows, exhibits and parties, leveraging their extensive event experience and understanding of the latest technology to help plan and implement an extraordinary interactive experience for attendees.