In this episode, Rebecca Linder speaks with Elliott Ferguson, President & CEO of Destination DC. Elliott reveals what it takes to make your city attractive to potential visitors (and to “compete” with other U.S. cities), how Washington, D.C. will be affected by IPW, and the hard work it takes to connect planners of big events and conventions to local hotels and venues.
- The role destination marketing organizations play in building commerce in a city
- How “DC Cool” has made the branding of Washington, D.C. sexy
- How planners can utilize destination marketing organizations to deliver a smooth event
- Giving travel agents a “Wow!” experience to share with their clients visiting the city
- Utilizing social media to include end-user participation in branding
DC venues and sites mentioned in this episode: