At the National Restaurant Association, Chief Administrative Officer Barbara Polk’s job is to bring restaurateurs together in Chicago to connect them with new ideas and innovation in the industry. Rebecca Linder asks Barbara about the mission and vision behind events in the restaurateur space, and together they unpack how it takes a whole village to see the association’s continued success.
- Catering to introverts and extroverts alike
- Trends in participatory experiences at events
- Making time for mentorship
- Cultivating intellectual curiosity
- Keeping the human touch in restaurants as technology evolves
Barbara Polk is a strategic operations executive with proven ability to impact business results. She is an expert at aligning human capital and operational strategies to support both business objectives and organizational values, and extremely effective in fast-paced environments undergoing restructuring, rapid growth or significant change. She is a proactive trusted adviser, coach and collaborative business partner.